Market Insights and Android app Marketing Strategies !!
In the past few years Mobile world has changed the landscape of consumerism by becoming our favorite communication medium or tool for reading the news, watching television, communicating, socializing, shopping, playing games (entertainment), navigating…for just about everything!
As a marketer, mobile is a very powerful place for you to connect with your audience. However, with great power comes great responsibility. Since mobile is such a personal medium, it is the easiest place for marketers to make massive mistakes that will turn off a customer forever.
What most of us are already doing??
There are some basic steps which we all are already following. They are as follows:
1. ASO: App store optimization
2. Posting applications on forums and blogs
3. Active on Social Networking Sites
What else we can do ?
What else we can add in our To-do list of Mobile app marketing:
Analyzing current market trend:
Most common activities by smartphone users:
• SMS / text messaging – 90%
• Maps – 72%
• Surfing while traveling – 70%
• Surfing while in a restaurant – 64%
• While in a store – 63%
Most common activities by tablet users:
• Web browsing – 88%
• Email – 84%
• Playing games – 72%
• Watching videos – 52%
Market Analysis for type of app selection and Pre Marketing Steps
• Mobile and smartphone usage is most prevalent in the morning and evening. –> SMS marketing or email marketing
• From October 2010 to October 2012, email open rates on smartphones increased by 300%.
• Mobile email creates twice as many conversions as social and search. —> Email Marketing
• The average price of an order placed from a mobile device is higher than the average order from a tablet or desktop. –> Utility apps
• Mobile and smartphone usage is higher Thursday – Monday than on Tuesday or Wednesday. —> Target Days
What can help us ?
We can be active on others technical Forums and blogs (Graphics & development)
There are long list of Android forums for development and showcasing our apps. Some of them are:
• Android Community
• Android Forums
• XDA Developers
• Android Central
• Talk Android Forum
• And Dev Forum
There are long list of Graphics Designing forums where you can showcase your graphics and let the world know about your app before launching it.
• All Graphic Design
• UCreative Forum
What else we can do or What can help us ?
Get featured on app review sites (depends on budget & quality of application):
Be Active on other countries app stores and top rated app stores like
• Mobango etc
Chinese App Stores:
• Baidu App Store
• Tencent App Gem
• Wandoujia etc
Motivate your friends to rate & review your app
1. Analyze market before you develop
2. If developed already??
• Consider locations where the app is most downloaded like our “Run Panda Run” (Trending in Russia)
• Submit apps in that particular location top app stores
• Develop according to user feedback
Basically, you can split marketing activities between the ones you perform inside and outside of the stores.