What to do & What not to do: Mobile app Marketing?
What we are doing?
2. Posting applications on forums and blogs
3. Active on Social Networking Sites
What else we can do or What can help us ?
Current Market Trend:
Most common activities by smartphone users:
- SMS / text messaging – 90%
- Maps – 72%
- Surfing while traveling – 70%
- Surfing while in a restaurant – 64%
- While in a store – 63%
Most common activities by tablet users:
- Web browsing – 88%
- Email – 84%
- Playing games – 72%
- Watching videos – 52%
1. Analysis of market
- Mobile and smartphone usage is most prevalent in the morning and evening. –> sms marketing or email marketing
- From October 2010 to October 2012, email open rates on smartphones increased by 300%.
- Mobile email creates twice as many conversions as social and search. —> Email Marketing
- The average price of an order placed from a mobile device is higher than the average order from a tablet or desktop. –> Utility apps
- Mobile and smartphone usage is higher Thursday – Monday than on Tuesday or Wednesday. —> Target Days
2. Active on others technical Forums and blogs (Graphics & development)
- Android Community
- Android Forums
- XDA Developers
- Android Central
- Talk Android Forum
- And Dev Forum
- All Graphic Design
- UCreative Forum
3. Get featured on various app review sites (depends on budget & quality of application):
4. Active on other countries app storesand top rated app stores!!
Popular app stores:
- Mobango etc
Chineses App Stores:
- Baidu App Store
- Tencent App Gem
- Wandoujia etc
5. Most Important: Motivate your friends to rate & review our app
1. Analyze market before you develop
2. If developed already??
- Consider locations where the app is most downloaded like “Run Panda Run” (Trending in Russia)
- Submit apps in that particular location top app stores e.g.
Check Market trend for themes and development:
- Characters (if we are targeting China then try to have characters like that only)
- Features (Powerups according to location)
4. Try to develop error free coding with proper testing : This will help in attaining users for long term as user will check your reviews and ratings before downloading an app.